Technologies are becoming more and more critical to not only industrial and socioeconomic aspects but also security and sovereignty. Some emerging technologies like quantum computing and artificial intelligence have been paid huge attention to among those. As technologies are intellectual products of R&D, building technological capability through education and research in universities is essential. We aim to put universities at the center of innovation policy.
This session is designed to invite industrial and innovation policy experts to address the following topics, among others.
- Current issues in industrial and innovation policy
- How to identify or select strategic, critical and emerging technologies
- The role of universities in innovation ecosystem
- National strategies for quantum information science and technologies
- Future of higher education for building capabilities in strategic, critical and emerging technologies